NORTH CAROLINA ASSOCIATION OF INTERNATIONAL EDUCATORS
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
|Term||One year of a three year commitment from Chair-elect to Chair to Past Chair.|
|Appointment:||By nomination and election at the State Conference Meeting|
Must join NAFSA: Association of International Educators at time of appointment, and have two years or more experience in international education. Should be familiar with international education issues. Should demonstrate commitment to the concept of professional development through participation in conferences and workshops.
- In the absence of, or at the request of the State Chair, call and lead NCAIE Board meetings representing the international education interests of professional educators and community volunteers in North Carolina.
- Be sensitive to and aware of international education concerns, serving as a resource person for RAP, EA, ISSS and IEL professionals in North Carolina raising awareness of opportunities for service, participation and funding through NAFSA/NCAIE.
- Foster the goals of NAFSA:AIE at the state level.
- In the absence of, or at the request of the State Chair, lead NCAIE business sessions and state meetings.
- Assist the State Chair in leading the Board in planning and implementing an annual state conference and other workshops and events as deemed appropriate.
- As needed, keep NCAIE participants informed (through listserv and other means) of relevant international education developments, issues and concerns.
- Identify potential NCAIE candidates – newcomers and others – for participation in NCAIE and in NAFSA.
- Supply the membership chair with names of potential NCAIE participants for database inclusion.
- Chair any committees, as requested by the State Chair or as outlined in the Constitution and By-laws, necessary for carrying out the work and mission of NCAIE
- Represent NCAIE at the regional and national levels.
- Attend the NAFSA Region VII and NAFSA National Conferences if at all possible.
Updated. December 2011