North Carolina Association of International Educators
International Student and Scholar Services: Immigration
|Appointment:||By State Chair|
Must have two years or more experience in international education. Should be familiar with international education issues related to international student and scholar advisors and immigration policies and practices. Should demonstrate commitment to the concept of professional development through participation in conferences and workshops.
- Attend NCAIE Board Meetings representing the international education interests of ISSS: Immigration.
- Be sensitive to and aware of immigration concerns, serving as a resource person for ISSS international educators in North Carolina & raising awareness of opportunities for service, participation and funding through NAFSA/NCAIE
- Arrange, implement and/or lead ISSS immigration sessions at the NCAIE State Conference each year, including pre-conference immigration workshops.
- Coordinate the fall immigration workshops each year. Arrange and implement F-1 Beginner, F-1 Intermediate and J-1 workshops to be offered each October.
- Coordinate the Government Q&A meeting every two years (2013, 2015, 2017, etc). Arrange and implement a meeting open to ISSS professionals across the state in which officials from the SSA, DMV, IRS, USCIS, ICE, CBP, and FBI are invited to speak and take questions.
- Identify potential ISSS candidates (newcomers and others) for participation in NCAIE, encouraging involvement in organizational activities and in NAFSA/NCAIE.
- As needed, keep NCAIE participants informed (through Listserv/Database and/or Website, etc.) of relevant immigration developments, issues and concerns.
- Assist the State Chair and Chair-Elect in identifying potential ISSS: Immigration candidates for succession to the NCAIE Board position.
- Attend the NCAIE State Conference.
- Attend the NAFSA Region VII and NAFSA National Conferences if possible.
Updated. December 2011