North Carolina Association of International Educators
|Appointment:||By Nomination and Election at the State Conference Business Meeting|
Qualifications: Must join NAFSA: Association of International Educators at time of appointment, and have two years or more experience in international education. Must have previously served on the NCAIE Board. Should be familiar with international education issues. Should demonstrate commitment to the concept of professional development through participation in conferences and workshops.
- Represent NCAIE at the regional level.
- Report on all relevant North Carolina international education events, issues, and concerns for Region VII team meetings.
- Attend NCAIE Board Meetings representing the international education interests of professional and community volunteers in North Carolina.
- Attend the NCAIE State Conference. As requested by the Chair, make a regional report to the membership during the business meeting at the NCAIE State Conference.
- Issue news releases to the membership via the Listserv/Database and/or Website regarding Region VII Conferences and activities.
- Attend the NAFSA Region VII Conference and the spring Region VII Team Meeting and NAFSA National Conferences to the best of his/her abilities.
- Assist the State Chair and Chair-Elect in identifying potential candidates for succession to the State Representative position and in the orientation of the successor.
- Attend the North Carolina State Meeting at the NAFSA Region VII conference as well as update constituents on regional-related matters at such State Meeting.
Updated December 2011.