North Carolina Association of International Educators
Term: One Year
Appointment: By Nomination and Election at the State Conference Business Meeting
Qualifications: Presumed to be a natural transition from a year of service as Chair Elect. Must be member of NAFSA: Association of International Educators at time of appointment and have three years or more experience in international education. Should be familiar with international education issues. Should demonstrate commitment to the concept of professional development through participation in conferences and workshops.
- Call and lead all NCAIE Board Meetings representing the international education interests of RAP, EA, ISSS: Immigration & Community Programming/ELT as well as the Sectional Interests of Community Colleges & HBCUs.
- Be sensitive to and aware of international education concerns, serving as a resource person for international educators in North Carolina
- Raise awareness of opportunities for service, participation and funding through NAFSA/NCAIE.
- Foster the goals of NAFSA at state level.
- Maintain adequate records to facilitate good leadership, to serve as a basis for reporting to Region VII, and to provide a continuing record for transmittal to the Chair-Elect.
- Recruit and make all appointments to the Board as directed by the Constitution and By-laws.
- Provide orientation for new Board members and on-going supervision of continuing Board members.
- Orient and train the State Chair-Elect.
- Lead all NCAIE business sessions and state meetings.
- Work closely with the Past Chair, seeking guidance and continuity of goals of NCAIE.
- Chair the North Carolina State Meeting at the NAFSA Region VII conference, or, if not possible, appoint another board member to do so.
- Lead the Board in planning and implementing an annual state conference and other workshops and events as deemed appropriate.
- As needed and/or requested by NCAIE participants, provide training and support by arranging, implementing, and/or leading state workshops (in addition to the NCAIE State Conference) dealing with relevant issues and concerns.
- Identify potential NCAIE candidates (newcomers and others) for participation in NCAIE, encouraging attendance in organizational activities, and in NAFSA.
- Identify names of potential NCAIE participants for database inclusion.
Updated. December 2011.