North Carolina Association of International Educators
|Appointment:||By State Chair|
Qualifications: Must have two years or more experience in international education. Should be familiar with international issues related to Education Abroad (EA), having current involvement in overseas study programming. Should demonstrate commitment to the concept of professional development through participation in conferences and workshops.
- Attend NCAIE Board Meetings representing the international education interests of Education Abroad.
- Be sensitive to and aware of Education Abroad concerns, serving as a resource person for Education Abroad international educators and community volunteers in North Carolina and raise opportunities for service, participation, training and funding through NAFSA/NCAIE.
- Arrange, implement and/or lead EA sessions at the NCAIE State Conference each year.
- As needed, and/or requested by the State Chair, provide training and support for Education Abroad professionals by arranging, implementing and/or leading state workshops (in addition to the NCAIE State Conference) dealing with relevant EA issues and concerns.
- Identify potential EA candidates (newcomers and others) for participation in NCAIE encouraging involvement in organizational activities and in NAFSA/NCAIE.
- As needed, keep NCAIE participants informed (through Listserv/Database and/or Website etc.) of relevant EA developments, issues and concerns.
- Assist the State Chair and Chair-Elect in identifying potential Education Abroad candidates for succession to the NCAIE EA Board position.
- Attend the NCAIE State Conference.
- Attend the NAFSA Region VII and NAFSA National Conferences if possible.
Updated. December 2011