North Carolina Association of International Educators
International Student & Scholar Services: Campus & Community Programming (CCP) & English Language Teaching (ELT)
|Appointment:||By State Chair|
Must have two years or more experience in international education. Should be familiar with international education issues related to campus and community programming. Should also maintain a dotted line to the English Language Teaching (ELT) knowledge community. Should demonstrate commitment to the concept of professional development through participation in conferences and workshops.
- Attend NCAIE Board Meetings representing the international education interests of ISSS: Campus & Community Programming as well as English Language Teaching interests.
- Be sensitive to and aware of ISSS international education concerns, serving as a resource person for ISSS international educators and community volunteers in North Carolina.
- Arrange, implement, and/or lead ISSS: CCP & ELT sessions at the NCAIE State Conference each year.
- As needed and/or requested by the State Chair, provide training and support for ISSS: CCP & ELT professionals by arranging, implementing and/or leading state workshops (in addition to the NCAIE State Conference) dealing with relevant issues and concerns.
- Identify potential ISSS: CCP & ELT candidates (newcomers and others) for participation in NCAIE encouraging involvement in organizational activities and in NAFSA.
- Supply the State Chair with names of potential ISSS:CCP & ELT participants for database inclusion.
- As needed, keep NCAIE participants informed (through the Listserv/Database and/or Website etc.) of relevant ISSS: CCP & ELT developments, issues and concerns. Be an advocate for ISSS issues within NCAIE membership.
- Assist the State Chair and Chair Elect in identifying potential ISSS candidates for succession to the NCAIE ISSS: CCP & ELT Board position.
- Attend the NCAIE State Conference.
- Attend the NAFSA Region VII and NAFSA National Conferences if possible.
Updated. December 2011