North Carolina Association of International Educators
Term: One year
Appointment: By virtue of having served as NCAIE chair
Qualifications: By virtue of having served as NCAIE chair
- Serve as a mentor, advisor and resource to the Chair and Chair-Elect.
- Be sensitive to and aware of international education concerns
- Serve as a resource person for RAP, EA, ISSS: Immigration & Community Programming/ELT professionals in North Carolina
- Raising awareness of opportunities for service, participation and funding through NAFSA/NCAIE.
- Foster the goals of NAFSA at the state level.
- In the absence of State Chair/Chair Elect, or at the request of the State Chair, lead NCAIE business sessions, state meetings or board meetings.
- Assist the Chair-Elect and State Chair in leading the Board in planning and implementing the annual state conference, and other workshops and events as deemed appropriate.
- Coordinate the three Service Awards given annually at State Conference. This includes advertising for nominations, selection of award recipients and ordering of award plaques.
- Oversee the Presentation of Service Awards at annual State Conference.
- As needed, keep NCAIE participants informed (through Listserv/Database, and/or Website, etc.) of relevant international education developments, issues and concerns.
- Identify potential NCAIE candidates (newcomers and others) for participation in NCAIE and in NAFSA.
- Encourage potential affiliates to join the NCAIE database.
- Chair any committees, as requested by the Chair.
- Represent NCAIE at the regional and national levels, if requested to do so by the State Chair.
- Attend the NAFSA Region VII and NAFSA National Conferences if possible.
Updated. December 2011.